Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Snarky, cold, black & white, aloof, pointed, sarcastic, unemotional, dispassionate, confusing...I'm thankful today because, in spite of these constructive criticisms, I know I am still adored by the friends and family that feel brave and safe enough to tell me these truths without mincing words. I am a lucky girl and I know it.

I'm thankful for all my vastly different friends who teach me new perspectives and challenge my thinking. I'm blessed with a humongous fambily that loves me unconditionally.  I have a husband who treats me like a queen, and wildly unique children whom I love with such intensity I could eat them for breakfast. I'm honored I got a hand in raising my husbands little girl into a beautiful & smart woman, my 1st daughter.  My heart bursts with pride that my firstborn son is the bravest man I know, proudly serving in the USMC. I'm ecstatic that these two oldest kids are now grown-up awesome people. By God's grace I've still got my health. I'm thankful for the twists and turns in life--the ups & downs that continue to stretch and teach me, that my glass is always half-full and I get to drink coffee, eat chocolate and laugh every day. I'm privileged to get to sing and lead worship each week with an amazing bunch of uber talented people. I'm thankful that my home is always buzzing and chaotic, our paid-off cars still run, the hubs and I are still employed. I'm thankful that my sister, Christy, is still alive. I also thank God that one day I'll see my dad and son, Kaden, again. I'm thankful for family that are also my best friends and that my best friend, Stephany, is family. I'm also lucky enough to live next door to one of my bff's. I'm fortunate to live in a country where my dreams can be a reality if I'm willing to work for it --and it doesn't hurt that I'm connected to a network of incredibly gifted friends and family.  I have an uncertain and amazing future to look forward to and God Himself to walk me through it. And I love my kitty...and makeup.

2 comments:

Rosilind Jukic said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Christina said...

Ack! I am gonna cry. Being overtaken by warm fuzzies!